Here is First Bank of Nigeria sort codes, FCMB sort codes, GTBank sort codes, Zenith Bank sort codes, Access Bank sort codes, Skye Bank sort codes, Fidelity Bank sort codes, UBA sort codes, Eco Bank sort codes, Diamond Bank sort codes and Union Bank of Nigeria sort codes.
You are about to receive money or make an online transfer and you were asked to provide you bank sort code or probably after completing your Industrial Training as a student you were asked to provide your bank details, including your sort code to receive payment.
Many Nigerians have been in that situation at one point in time and most people do not know the sort code of the bank they operate with and it is quite easy to get.
Sort code helps in determining the source of an account i.e. the branch and location of an account number where funds needs to be directed especially whenever e-payments is to be carried out.
The code is a 9 digit number, the first 3 are the bank’s code, the next is the location and the last 5 digits are for the branch. So this means no two bank branch of the same bank can ever share the same sort code and don’t even bother to ask your friend for his bank branch sort code because he’ll be giving you the wrong number.
The picture below shows a cheque book and where to find the sort code of your bank. The red circled digits are the sort code of your bank. However if you don’t have a cheque book you can Click Here to Download a list of banks and their sort codes, all you need to do is look out for your bank branch and get your sort code.
Where to find the Bank Sort Code
The Sort Code is printed at the bottom of every single check leaf, the middle set of characters on the MICR line i.e the set of numbers at the middle is the sort code. The first set of numbers is the cheque number, the second set of numbers is the sort code and the third set of numbers on the right is normally the account number.
Bank Headquarters and their Sort Codes
Bank No. Bank Name Sort Code City Headquarters
- Access Bank Plc 044150149 Lagos Victoria Island Branch Plot 1665, Oyin Jolayemi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos State. More branches.
- Diamond Bank Plc 063150162 Lagos Head Office Plot 1621 Adeola Hopwell ,Victoria Island ,Lagos State. More branches.
- Ecobank Nigeria Plc 050150311 Lagos Eng Vi – Ahmadu Bello Way Plot 21 Ahmadu Bello Way Victoria Island ,Lagos State. More branches.
- Enterprise Bank (Previously Spring Bank) 084150015 Lagos Head Office Plot 143, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island ,Lagos State. More branches.
- Equitorial Trust Bank Limited 040150101 Lagos V I Corporate Plot 1092 Adeola Odeku St ,V/Island ,Lagos State
- Fidelity Bank Plc 070150003 Lagos Head Office 2 Kofo Abayomi Street, V/Island ,Lagos State. More branches.
- First Bank Of Nigeria Plc 011152303 Lagos Marina 35,Marina P.O.Box 2006, Lagos Island ,Lagos State
- First City Monument Bank Plc 214150018 Lagos Head Office Primrose Tower, 17a Tinubu St,Lagos State. More branches.
- Finbank Plc 085151275 Lagos V/I 1, Akin Adesola Street, Off Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island ,Lagos State. More branches.
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc 058152052 Lagos Akin Adesola 635 Akin Adesola, Victoria Island, Lagos State. More branches.
- Keystone Bank (Previously Bank Phb) 082150017 Lagos Head Office No. 1,Bank Phb Crescent ,Off Adeyemo Alakija,Victoria Island ,Lagos State. More branches.
- Mainstreet Bank (Previously Afribank) 014150030 Lagos Broad Street 51/55, Broad Street, Lagos State. More branches.
- Nigeria International Bank (Citigroup) 023150005 Lagos Head Office Commerce House, 1, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island ,Lagos State.
- Oceanic Bank International Plc 056080016 abuja Abuja Head Office Herbert Macaulay Way Wuse Zone 6 ,Wuse Abuja ,F.C.T. State
- Skye Bank Plc 076151006 Lagos Head Office Branch 708/709 Adeola Hopewell Street ,Victoria Island ,Lagos State. More branches.
- Stanbic-IBTC Bank Plc 221159522 Lagos Head Office Ibtc Place, Walter Carringtoncrescent, Victoria Island ,Lagos State.
- Standard Chartered Bank 068150057 Lagos Ahmadu Bello 142, Ahmadu Bello Way V/I. ,Victoria Island ,Lagos State. More branches.
- Sterling Bank Plc 232150029 Lagos Apapa Sterling House, 20, Marina, Lagos. More branches.
- United Bank For Africa Plc 033154282 Lagos Corporate Branch Group Executive Office, Head Office ,Lagos ,Lagos State. More branches.
- Union Bank Of Nigeria Plc 032156825 Lagos Stallion Plaza Branch Stallion Plaza Br. 36 Marina, Lagos-087, Lagos State. More branches.
- Unity Bank Plc 215082334 Abuja Herbert Macaulay, Abuja Plot 785, Herbert Macaulay Way ,Abuja ,F.C.T
- Wema Bank Plc 035150103 Lagos Head Office Wema Towers 54 Marina,Lagos ,Lagos State. More branches.
- Zenith Bank Plc 057150013 Lagos Head Office Plot 84 Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island,Lagos State. More branches.
That’s all the sort codes of banks in Nigeria.