How to disable notifications on WhatsApp Web. Mute notifications on WhatsApp Web. Turn off annoying notifications on WhatsApp Web for PC. Stop notifications on WhatsApp Web on Laptops.
Are you looking for ways to disable the persistent notification on WhatsApp web? This post is for you. As you read further below, you will see how to get rid of the frequent chat popups on WhatsApp.
What is WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Web is the PC version of WhatsApp – a popular instant messaging app for on mobile devices. WhatsApp is owned by Mark Zuckerberg, who also owns Facebook, Instagram, and other companies.
Message notifications that pop up on the screen or make a sound can be distracting, disrupting the routine of work, study, or even leisure. Not to mention that, if used for personal chats during working hours, it can lead to dismissal.
Finally, pop-ups bouncing on the screen can be just plain annoying. Even harm some other systems being used on the computer. Whatever your case, check with us how to disable WhatsApp Web notifications!
How to Disable all Notifications on WhatsApp Web
I assume that your Whatsapp Web is connected and open in a browser tab on your PC. You can see the link at the end of this post for how to connect and use Whatsapp on a PC (if you don’t know it yet).
Now, follow the below steps to turn off Whatsapp web notifications on your PC.
- Click on “More options“, represented in WhatsApp Web by the down arrow symbol or three dots, as you can see in the screenshot below
- Next, click on “Settings“
- In the new tab that opens at the left corner, select “notifications“
- Now, under notifications, untick “message notifications“
- This will stop popup notifications and sounds from new messages.
- But you can still see new messages and replies to them without getting disturbing sounds.
NOTE: In the Web version, you will have two checkboxes: “Message Notifications“ and “Sounds“ ; Uncheck “Message Notifications“.
SEE ALSO: How to Spy on Peoples Whatsapp Chat
How to Turn Off Notifications on WhatsApp Desktop App
To disable Whatsapp notifications on the Desktop app, just untick all the notification boxes under the notification settings.
Ready! From now on, you will no longer receive any pop-up notifications on your screen when any messages arrive.
It is important to make it clear that these steps are exclusive to the WhatsApp Web and Desktop versions. That is, notifications – if activated on mobile – will continue to appear in the application installed on your smartphone.
How to Disable WhatsApp Notification for Each Contact
The procedure to disable notifications for each contact chat on WhatsApp is the same for the WhatsApp web, desktop, and mobile app versions.
So to disable the notification for each conversation on WhatsApp, follow these simple steps;
- Hover over the WhatsApp contact whose conversation you want to mute
- Click on the down arrow for the options to appear, as shown in the screenshot below
- Next, click on “Mute notifications“
- A pop-up will appear on the screen, asking for how long you want to keep notifications paused, as you can see in the image below
- Choose and click the “Mute Notifications” button
- You will see the confirmation message in the lower left corner, as shown in the image above
That’s it, conversation notifications will be silenced for the period you set. It is important to be clear that, unlike general notifications, when you mute a specific conversation, it will also be muted in the app for your smartphone.
How to Disable WhatsApp Notification for Each Group
If you want to disable group notifications on WhatsApp web for desktop, the process is simple and similar to disabling contacts chat notifications. Just apply the steps below;
- Hover over the group conversation that you want to mute its notification
- Click on the down arrow for the options to appear, as shown in the image below
- Then click on ” Mute notifications“
- A pop-up will appear on the screen, asking for how long you want to keep notifications paused
- Click the ” Mute Notifications“ button
- You will see the confirmation message in the lower left corner.
Done! You will no longer be disturbed by notifications from your groups for the set period. As in the case of specific conversations, disabling group notifications applies to all modes of use of WhatsApp, including the mobile app.
Note that these procedures are similar to how to disable WhatsApp notifications on Android and iPhone devices.
- Download GBWhatsApp Apk
- How to Recover Deleted Messages on Whatsapp
- How to Appear Offline on WhatsApp While Online
- How to Save WhatsApp Status Photos and Videos
- How to View Friends WhatsApp Status Without Them Knowing
- Download WhatsApp Plus
- How to Know Which of Your WhatsApp Contacts are on Telegram
- Advantages of Using WhatsApp Business
- How to Chat a Number on WhatsApp without Adding Them to Your Contact
- How to Use Virtual Number to Chat on WhatsApp
That is how to disable the annoying Whatsapp notifications on Whatsapp Web. This also applies to the desktop app. Enjoy you conversations on WhatsApp silently without annoying sounds and popups.