Never forget an event again with these countdown apps for Android and iOS. Countdown apps can be of great use especially for those who do not want to forget someone’s birthday, meetings, important events or need to organize for the long-dreamed and planned trip.
Mokoweb brings together the best countdown apps to remember all events, available for Android and iPhone. See them below.
1. Countdown+ Widget Calendar (Lite)
The purpose of Countdown + Calendar (Lite) is to make sure you never forget an event again.
In addition to creating an unlimited number of events, the application allows synchronization with Facebook events. To personalize the event created, the app guarantees the use of Instagram images and filters.
How about sharing with friends and family on how many days are left for your birthday, for example? If the user wants, reminders, alarms and notifications can become more frequent as the event approach.
- Birthday Reminders
- Events reminder
- Vacations reminder
- Countdown calendar
- Holiday calendar
- Track unlimited countdowns for events
- Countdown appears on your home-screen with widget
- Get notifications on events
- Integrates with your phone calendar
- Time unit selection
- Different alarm sounds
- Share screenshots of countdown events.
2. TheDayBefore (D-Day Countdown)
TheDayBefore (D-Day countdown) automatically calculates the days left for important events, holidays, parties, meetings etc. It also informs you about the time spent after the expected day, to remind the user to celebrate the date periodically.
To personalize the experience, it offers different icons, images, colors and fonts. There is also the possibility to show the countdown on the home screen, using widgets of three different sizes.
The app has over 10 million downloads on play store.
- Display events on status bar using your photo as icon or other icons
- Seven ways of calculating days
- Show multiple D-day widgets on home screen
- Multiple widget size options
- Automatic anniversary reminder
- Motion stickers and background photo settings
- Story writing.
3. Final Countdown
With over 5 million downloads, Final Countdown is one of the best countdown apps and stands out for its useful features combined with the possibility of creating countdowns for different events. The app allows the user to import events from the phone’s calendar or from Facebook.
In addition, it is possible to share your live countdowns through platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram, email, among others.
You can backup your events to the cloud and use different time units: years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds and milliseconds. To personalize them, more than 300 different images and alarm tones are available.
- Countdown app and widget
- Resizable homescreen widget
- Cloud backup
- Countdown synch across devices
- Displays countdown in year, month, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds
- Widget can be embedded in a website
- HD background images
- Share countdown on multiple social media platforms
- Milliseconds counting is supported
- Import Facebook birthday
- Customize alarm tunes
- Timezone recognition
- Web view, mobile view, desktop view and smart TV
- Simple countdown timer and lots more.
4. Vacation Countdown App
Developed by Kulana Media Production LLC, the Countdown Vacations app was created to assist in the preparation of trips. In addition to reminding you the exact time remaining for an event or trip, it helps with the list of things to pack, ensures entertainment with a Geography quiz and quotes on the topic.
There is the possibility to share the countdown with friends and family via Facebook, WhatsApp and email. To personalize, more than 40 images are available. Among the themes are beautiful beaches, trails, snowy landscapes, mountains, deserts, theme parks, vineyards and much more.
- Globetrotter for setting up second and third countdown when you have more than one trip coming up
- Stunning beach scenes
- A map of Europe
- The powerful statue of liberty
- A fun cruise ship theme
- The famous Kangaroo sign in Australia
- Vacation games and quizzes
- Vacation packing list
- Share your countdown on social media
- Choose your favourite style
- Daily quotes
- And lots more
5. Big Day – Event Countdown
Developed by Astrovic App, Big Day – Event Countdown is a stylish app to remember and track your events in a simple and fast way. It supports more than 20 countdowns at the same time, with graphic effects and animated effects. The app also allows you to save data about the event using your own photos.
Easy to use, it allows sharing on social networks such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The program also offers widgets, for those who want to view the counter on the lock screen.
- Customize events images from your camera, gallery or any other sources online
- Receive notification for each events
- Simple drag and dropping of events
- Supports unlimited numbers o events
- Tweak the app colour
- Share your events on social media.
6. Countdown +++
Countdown +++ makes it possible to create countdowns, alarms and notifications for holidays, anniversaries, parties, among other events. What makes it stands out lies in features such as the synchronization of events with iCloud, Apple’s cloud storage service.
The app allows you to create unlimited events, each with up to 33 alarms, and display the countdown of your choice on the lock screen. Personalization is due to colors, notes and other elements.
Share events with friends and mark the ones you receive with different stickers, such as Setting the date or sending a Hurry up to your colleague.
The app is only available for iOS platforms.
- Reminds you how many days remains until your wedding
- Reminds you on Birthday
- Reminds you on school resumption
- Reminds you of meetings and appointments
- Unlimited events and dates
- Reminder for everything including Birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, vacation, parties, exams, Halloween, New Year’s Eve, thanksgiving, wedding day, Christmas, days of quitting smoking and any other date that matters to you.
- Set up to 33 alarms for events
- Automatically sync all your events across all your iOS devices
- Red badge icon
- Full screen countdown
- Share your events on social media.
7. Event Ticker – countdown to special days of life
Event Ticker has all the functionality of apps to create events and their respective countdowns. But it offers another extremely useful feature which is “the task list”.
One can be created for each activity, with the objective of adequate event organization. So, in addition to tracking how many days are left to an event, you can also stay tuned to all the details of the party.
It’s only available for iOS devices.
- Set backgrounds for events
- Set reminders for events
- To-do list to keep track of tasks for events
- Swipe up on event to reveal to-do list
- Repeat event annually
8. Couple widget – Love Events Countdown Widget
As the name suggests, the couple – love events countdown widget is dedicated to reminding the user about the dates that mark their romantic relationship. From wedding anniversary or dating to any other special date, nothing else will be forgotten.
In addition to a reminder, the app creates graphs where you can check how many days are left each day marked on the calendar. If you want, you can use the widget feature, with pictures of the couple, to follow the calculation directly from the lock screen.
- Show Been Together XXXdays
- Show anniversary(10days,100days,TheDayBefore,more…)
- Show widget & edit widget
- Select Theme
Days Left (Countdown Timer)
With the days left countdown timer app, you will never miss important days of your life again. It’s one of the best countdown apps you can always trust.
The app has a widget which you can add to your homescreen by long pressing on your homescreen or press “apps” or menu to add app and widgets.
- Girlfriends birthday reminder
- Your birthday reminder
- Your wedding day reminder
- A birth in your family
- New years
- And lots more.
10. Big Days Lite
The Big Days Lite features a lot of customization possibilities. It’s a powerful tool that delivers timely reminders of events. You can customize and display different events with your pictures, you can use your own photos or even thousands of free Pixabay images online.
It is also possible to create a different alarm for each event and even choose one as preferred, so that it is displayed whenever the app is opened.
The application also allows you to share events on social networks, save, print, use as wallpaper, among other options.
11. Countdown Widget
The Countdown Widget offers a more stripped down and humorous style count down timer. It is possible to countdown in heart rate or in years, months, days, hours, minutes or seconds. The program supports the creation of multiple events
The look of each counter is customizable, with several options of fun backgrounds available in the app itself or in the cell phone gallery. The font of the letter and the colors are also at the user’s discretion.
Want more? Then choose the ideal song (ringtunes) to accompany the countdown. Despite the name, the widget option to view the feature on the home screen is only available in the paid version of the app.
This app is slightly different from other apps in this list because it helps you read countdown for games, running race, singing competition, big numbers and lots more at auto restart mode.
Countdown timer app is the perfect app for games, sports, kitchen time, speaker’s timer in presentations, debates, etc.
- Very easy to setup and use
- Pause and resume countdown timer
- Auto restart the timer at the end
- Option to mute alarm
That’s all about the best countdown apps for Android and iOS devices. Feel free to drop any other countdown timer app you think should make this list.