Aside Facebook and Twitter, Access Bank is now also on whatsapp with this number +2349090901901 which can be added to help customers perform basic banking transactions. With Access WhatsApp Banking service, you can check your account balance, transfer funds, pay bills, buy airtime among other things instantly with your phone anytime any day. This post therefore is about this new innovation and how to use it.
Nigerian Banks are leveraging on the popularity of Whatsapp to reach more to customers by providing alternative medium of self transactions on the go. Recall that UBA also launched whatsapp banking services while GTBank introduced its whatsapp number this September for customers to enjoy chat banking services.
WhatsApp is installed on by over 1 billion users globally as it’s the primary means of communication for most peoples to the extent that it has displaced SMS so Access Bank is right to use the platform to deliver its services to customers. The Access WhatsApp Banking, according to Access, is the alternative channel that provides financial services to existing and potential customers through the use of WhatsApp application, leveraging on the real-time messaging capabilities of the Whatsapp platform.
Access Bank is one of the best financial institutions in Nigeria with branches spread across the different states including Lagos and Abuja with over 9000 employees. Customers can own a savings account, current accounts, domiciliary accounts etc with this bank as well as other services such as loan.
Still on Access Bank WhatsApp Banking services, let me walk you through the lane of how to get started with chat banking as an Access Bank Customer.
Requirements For Being Eligible For Access WhatsApp Banking Services
- You must be an access bank account holder
- Your mobile Phone
- The phone number connected to your access bank account
- Your ATM card
- Your PIN
- The latest Whatsapp App. You can download or update on play store
- A web browser
- Internet access
How To Setup Access Bank WhatsApp Services
- To start, SAVE this Access Bank WhatsApp number +2349090901901 as a contact on your mobile phone. You may save it with “Access Bank WhatsApp“
- Then launch your WhatsApp Application and search for the newly added “access bank whatsapp”
- Now send “Hi” to the contact to activate it
- Select “Register” from the menu that appears
- Next enter your first and last name
- Enter your email address
- Enter your Access Bank account number
- Now you have completed your Access WhatsApp Banking Registration
- Access WhatsApp Banking will ask if further assistance is needed.
- Access WhatsApp Banking ends the session.
NOTE: to check for account balance, transfer money, pay bills etc, you need to follow the prompts on whatsapp and get your results instantly.
However, if you are not using an android phone or a phone that supports WhatsApp, you can alternatively enjoy mobile banking with Access Bank Short Code *901# which doesn’t even require internet service to complete transactions on the go with your phone from the comfort of your phone.
I think WhatsApp Banking is the new trend in the banking sector having seen UBA, GTBank and First bank all embracing this all important innovation but for it to be a real success, the banks should adopt sophisticated security measures to secure customers accounts.
Also with the launch of Whatsapp Business, Business owners has seen more options to optimize their business on whatsapp and it’s just a matter of time before WhatsApp Pay arrives Africa and Nigeria in particular.