Being spied on on WhatsApp and other privacy problems are common when using WhatsApp. Whenever you call someone on WhatsApp, whether it is a video call or a voice call, you will not see any notification as if the call is being recorded, but there are a few things with which you can confirm whether the call is being recorded or not.
WhatsApp does not have a built-in video call recording feature but someone can record your video directly by just turning on the screen recorder which captures your face and also that voice and saves it on the phone.
In this article, you will learn how to know when someone is recording your WhatsApp video call and how to actually record WhatsApp calls, the apps behind it.
How to Know if Your WhatsApp Video Call is Being Recorded
WhatsApp does not have a built-in feature to notify users when their video calls are being recorded. However, there are a few signs that may indicate that your call is being recorded:
- A red dot appears in the top-right corner of the screen. This dot indicates that the call is being recorded.
- You hear a beeping sound during the call. This sound indicates that the call is being recorded.
- The call quality suddenly drops. This could be a sign that the call is being recorded, as the recording process can use up a lot of bandwidth.
If you see any of these signs, it is possible that your WhatsApp video call is being recorded. However, it is also possible that these signs are caused by other factors, such as a poor internet connection or a problem with the WhatsApp app.
If you are concerned that your WhatsApp video call is being recorded, you can try asking the other person on the call if they are recording it. You can also try ending the call and starting a new one.
READ ALSO: Best Call Recorder Apps for Android
Knowing if the person is recording your audio with or without the video is easy. To be sure, you just need to make sure you hear the same voice on WhatsApp as you do.
This means that if a person is recording your audio-video call, you will hear a sound echo because the person has to put the call on speaker to record it. Although there are ways to avoid hearing it, if you receive an echo-like sound, it means your call is being recorded.
Now, in a delicate case, if you want to protect your face from registration, you can follow these steps.
Prevent Someone from Recording Your Face During a Video Call
Hiding your face from video calls definitely means protecting your privacy on WhatsApp.
Face mask filters are used to hide the face or simply as a feature during the call. This can often be used to protect someone’s privacy during video calls.
If you are making a video call, please wear the face mask to hide privacy so that if someone records this, it is not you. In some ways this is a privacy protector that works, since you can’t say no to someone recording your face or you can’t know, this step can help you hide your face.
READ ALSO: How to Record Audio from a Website
Additional Tips for Protecting Your Privacy on WhatsApp
In addition to the tips above, there are a few other things you can do to protect your privacy on WhatsApp:
- Use a strong password. Your WhatsApp password should be at least 8 characters long and include a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Enable two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your WhatsApp account by requiring you to enter a code that is sent to your phone when you log in.
- Be careful about what you share. Don’t share personal information, such as your address or phone number, with people you don’t know.
- Use the privacy settings. WhatsApp allows you to control who can see your profile picture, status updates, and last seen time.
By following these tips, you can help protect your privacy on WhatsApp and keep your video calls safe from being recorded.