Free CD Rippers 2022: Best tools (apps/software) to convert a CD to MP3. Do you have a CD plate and want to convert its content to an MP3 file so that you can transfer it to your phone or memory card? This post is for you.
In this post, I have selected the best free offline tools to convert your CD to MP3 to play on phones, MP3 players, and other audio players. It’s also called a free CD Ripper because it extracts the audio content in your CD to your preferred digital format.
Before now, Total Video Converter (TVC) for windows has been the tool that comes to mind whenever we want to convert the tracks in a CD plate to MP3 files.
But recently, the app has stopped working or misbehaved especially, if you are using the free version. This is why this post should be important to you reading it now.
As you read further, you will understand more about the conversion of CD to MP3 with free tools.
Converting CD to MP3
You bought that digital album you were waiting for or you just extracted the songs from a CD. When analyzing the files you noticed that their format wasn’t what you expected.
Now, it beats that frustration and you need to redo the whole process to get files to the desired format.
To solve this kind of issue in a relatively simple and practical way is convert the undesired file to your desired format which is MP3 in most cases.
There are so many online and offline free and paid tools to convert CD to MP3 files but I have carefully made it easy for you by selecting the top best free offline tools for quick conversion.
About CD Ripping Software/Apps
CD rippers are software or programs that run in your windows 7/8/10 devices to rip out the digital audio tracks directly from the audio CDs and convert them to MP3 or WAV audio files.
So just choose from one of these best programs capable of converting any audio file to the format you want.
Best Tools/Apps to Convert CD to MP3
Below are some of the best apps used to rip CDs and convert them to MP3 file format based on user reviews and my personal experience using them.
FreeRip is one of the best free tools to extract contents from Compact Disc Digital Audio tracks to standard audio files such as MP3, WAV, etc The program reads audio files from your CD and converts it to different audio formats such as WMA, MP3, OGG, and FLAC.
It’s very easy to use. All you need is to insert a CD into your computer’s CD tray and select the “Rip Selected Tracks to MP3 option in the FreeRip Menu.
Features of FreeRip
- Extracts CD audio files and quickly converts to more than one format such as WAV, MP3, FLAC, OGG, and many more.
- It can rip different tracks to a single audio file.
- Easily add tags and save artwork to all your MP3 files.
- CD burner is also supported
- FreeRIP software allows you to add enough information about CD audio tracks.
2. NCH.COM (Express CD Rip)
NCH is another good CD ripping software for extracting digital audio tracks directly from CDs to MP3 or WAV formats.
It uses several optimization technologies to deliver a very fast CD-ripping experience. In fact, users review shows that it’s the fastest CD ripper at the moment.
Another feature that sets it apart from other ripping software is the way it rips CD contents and produces a lossless file in your preferred format.
It maintains pure audio quality and it’s stable and easy to use.
Features of NCH:
- Maintains the lossless output of the ripped file
- Quickly extracts audio directly from CDs and converts to MP3 or WAV.
- Customizable MP3 encoding.
- Adjust audios volumes of files ripped from CDs.
- Extract CDs audios to different formats such as WMA, AAC, AIFF, etc.
- It automatically stores track information/tags to MP3 files such as title, artist, album, and custom metadata information.
- Rip audio files in a CD plate and ready them for use on your hard drive, mobile phone, cars, MP3 players, and so on.
3. Exact Audio Copy (EAC)
Exact Audio Copy is a free CD ripper for Microsoft Windows OS. It has a simple user interface and takes care of all CDs’ imperfections. This tool is best for extracting CDs audios to standard CD and DVD-ROM drives.
- Extracts all audio in CDs and output them in several audio formats like WAV, MP3, FLAC, etc.
- It reads CD audio content perfectly.
- Error detection technology
- The software assists its users to organize music collections easily.
4. Fre:ac (Formally BonkEnc)
BonkEnc is yet another good and free CD ripper that is also used as an audio converter for converting audio files to different audio formats.
To use this software, just insert a CD plate in the CD tray, press the CTRL+E key combination, and wait for the process to complete.
- Converter for MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, WAV, and Bonk formats
- Integrated CD ripper with CDDB/freedb title database support
- Portable application, install it on a USB stick and take it with you
- Multi-core optimized encoders to speed up conversions on modern PCs
- Full Unicode support for tags and file names
- Easy to learn and use, still offers expert options when you need them
- Multilingual user interface available in 37 languages
- Completely free and open source without a catch.
5. Audio Grabber
Audio grabber is a powerful free CD ripper software that is best known for normalizing the volume of ripped audio content. It’s free to use and supports different Windows OS versions.
- Easy and simple interface.
- Flexible and easy to understand.
- Works with all CD-ROM drives and reads digital audio accurately.
- Good software with all descriptions and settings.
CDex is one of the simplest free CD rippers that you can use to convert your CDs to MP3 files. Its usage is simple and straightforward.
To rip a CD to MP3, just insert a CD in your PC’s CD tray and select the tracks you to convert to MP3, and hit the F9 button. The tracks will be converted without much time.
Features of CDex
- Converts CD ROM contents into several formats such as WAV, Vorbis, MP3 (using the LAME encoder)
- Native FLAC encoding
- It supports CD-texts to reduce the time users need to rename mp3 files
- It can automatically detect inserted CDs and look for metadata online for the titles, artists, and music tagging
- It also includes cdparanoia for robust CD reading
- It’s highly customizable and easy to use.
Most people using iOS devices already have iTunes installed in their devices. But what some of these people don’t know is that iTunes is a very good software to convert CDs to MP3 format.
On default, iTunes saves all the songs imported from a CD to the AAC format. To change this AAC output to MP3, go to the preferences window here Edit>Preference, and click the import settings button. Select the option for an MP3 encoder from the drop-down menu and click OK.
Now that you have set this up, pick up any audio CD and insert it into your computer and iTunes will detect it and ask for your permission to import the CD to its library. Just click import and iTunes will import the MP3 files.
8. FairStars CD Ripper
This is a top CD Ripper that rips CDs audio to all popular file formats and supports normalization during the ripping process. One of the major advantages of this CD ripper over others is that it also rips contents from a DVD plate.
- Maintains the audio volume of the tracks during the ripping process.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface.
- It supports multiple CD/DVD Drives.
- It supports Audio Playback Control Function.
- It supports ID3 Tags.
Foobar2000 is primarily a media player but doubles as a CD ripper which converts CD to MP3, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, etc. It’s easy to use and highly customizable.
- It supports all file formats such as MP3, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, etc.
- Simple user interface.
- It has a customizable keyboard shortcut.
- It supports ripping CD audio and transcodes all audio formats using the Converter Component.
- It is trusted by 30 million people and allows easy conversion between audio formats.
10. dBpoweramp CD Ripper
This is a fast tool for ripping CDs to MP3. Statistics have it that it has been used to rip over 5 million CDs over time.
- It extracts CD audio securely and safely. For the last 10 years of the period, CD ripper has ripped 80 million CDs.
- It rips CDs at a very high speed.
- It is free from spyware and malware viruses.
- It normalizes the audio volume when ripped.
- It provides rich names and high-resolution artwork to the album’s tracks.
SEE ALSO: Convert Text to Video Free
The above programs are the best CD ripper software based on recent online reviews and my experience using them.
With these tools, you can now easily and conveniently convert your CDs to MP3 and other formats for free.
Meanwhile, if you know of any other good CD Ripper for PC, just let us know using the comments section and after review, we will consider adding it here.