Manage your DStv Account online or offline with DStv Self-service USSD codes, mobile app and website.
MultiChoice has made it easier for customers to take control of their account. Now, you can renew your subscription yourself right from your mobile phone without going to DStv office.
So this post is for all DSTV subscribers looking for how to use DStv self-service in Nigeria or any part of the world.
What is DStv
DSTV stands for Digital Satellite Television. It is a broadcast satellite service owned by MultiChoice (also owners of GOtv).
DStv currently has over 18.9 million subscribers which is a big achievement knowing that the company started operating officially in 1995.
What is DSTV Self Service?
DStv Self-Service is a useful feature which can be used from your mobile phone, tablet or desktop computer to clear or fix error messages on your DSTV, pay for subscription, update your personal details
DStv Self Service by Multichoice was launched in 2018 and Nigeria was one of the first countries that embraced it with both hands.
The main purpose of DStv Self-service is to help subscribers carry out simple activities on their account without going to MultiChoice office.
Using DStv Self Service
The DStv self-service can be used in many ways including:
USSD Self Service: the most popular DStv self service method is via USSD code *288#.
With DStv USSD Code *288#, you can check what your balance, clear error codes, view your last four transactions, transfer funds between your accounts, switch bouquet and reconnect packages.
Internet Self Service: this involves using the official DStv website to manage your account conveniently.
Mobile App Self Service: With DStv Mobile app, you have your DStv account at your fingertips.
This means you can control virtually everything right from the app.
Things You Can Do With DStv Self Service
Whether you are using the USSD code, mobile app or website, you can carry out all these tweaks on your account:
Subscription Renewal/Upgrade: With the DStv Self Service Nigeria, you can pay for your subscription, upgrade your subscription package, from a lower package to and higher one, renew your subscription plans whenever they are expired or about to.
Edit Profile/Personal information: DStv self service allows you to edit your personal information such as name, phone number, email, etc.
Clear Error Codes: automatically get rid of all disturbing error codes such as E16-4, E30, E18, etc. So use self service to clear DStv error codes including E16-4, E30, E18, etc.
Change Bouquets: DStv self service helps you change bouquet. You can conviniently switch from one Bouquet to another with your phone tab or laptop.
SEE ALSO: All DStv Bouquets, Channels and Price
Checking Subscription Balance:
Check your subscription balance and expiration date using MultiChoice self service platforms.
How to Use DStv USSD Self Service
- Dial the self service code *288# from your Nigerian phone number.
- Enter 2 to choose DStv and click the send button.
- A screen will popup welcoming you to the Multichoice USSD. Just enter 1 and send.
- Now enter your smartcard number. This can be seen at the back of the scratch card present in your decoder.
- You need to confirm your surname and then submit.
And that’s all…
Once the setup is complete, you can start using your mobile phone to manage and control your DStv account.
How To Use the Mobile App DStv Self Service
- Install MyDStv app on the Google play store for Android or iPhone Store for Apple users.
- Open the app and sign up using your decoder registration information i.e. Your IUC number, name, phone number, email, etc.
- After sign up, you can now login to manage your account.
How to Use DStv Internet Self Service?
To use this Self-service method, you must have internet access in order to open the DStv Self-service online platform.
You are required to enter some of your information to get enrolled on the internet or online Self Service. Just follow these steps to get started:
- Goto DStv website.
- Click the “login” icon located at the top of the page.
- Input your Surname/phone number and your smartcard number.
- Click on “login”
- Once you login successfully to your account, you can carry on every other activities on your account.
How to Clear Error Codes Using DStv Self Service Nigeria?
You can use any of the three self service methods to clear error codes on your account.
How To Clear Error Codes Using USSD
- Dial the DStv self-service USSD code *288#.
- Select the option which indicates “clear error” or “clear error code”
- Select the error type you want to clear.
- Confirm your selection by clicking the send button after choosing the correct option.
How To Clear DStv Error Codes Using Mobile App
- Log in to your account through your DStv self-service mobile app.
- Find the tab which indicates Clear error codes.
- Select the error type you will like to clear.
- Confirm the error code and submit after it has been verified to be correct.
- You will then receive a message informing you that your error clearance request has been submitted and processed.
Your decoder is required to be turned on each time you want to clear error code as it makes the process a way easier and faster to debug.
The procedures in using the internet self-service to clear error code is similar to mobile app self service.
How to Use DStv Self-Service Nigeria to Pay?
You don’t really need to go to any agent office to pay or renew your subscription on DStv. With the self service platform, you can easily pay for your subscription with your phone at the comfort of your house.
You can pay using your bank’s USSD code or by using either the app or the website.
This is how to pay for your DStv subscription by yourself:
- Login to your DStv self-service Nigeria account.
- Go to the payment tab.
- Click “renew” or “upgrade” button and choose the package you want to subscribe to.
- Select the preferred payment gateway.
- Complete your payment using a credit/debit card.
- Once payment is completed, you will be redirected to your dashboard automatically.
- You will see your account, the current bouquet, the remaining balance and so on.
Ever since I discovered the convenience in using DStv Self-service s, renewing my subscription and switching from one bouquet to another has been very easy.
SEE ALSO: DStv Dish Frequency & Setup
In fact, I don’t visit the service centers anymore as I do everything on my own. You too will enjoy this when you start using it.