KongaPay is a payment platform introduced in 2015 that enables you pay for certain services such as PayTv subscriptions, airtime purchase, data subscription etc online and offline. Now I will show you how DSTV users can pay for subscription with KongaPay and have their decoder reactivated and working again.
You can either use the KongaPay Mobile app or the official website to pay for your DSTV subscription on any bouquet. KongaPay is in collaboration with Nigerian banks specifically to help build the trust between their online shopping store, Konga.com and the people who patronize them.
You can pay with KongaPay without making use of a debit cards or keep your debit cards details close by whenever you want to make a transaction or pay DSTv subscription. You can even make payments offline just by scanning QR codes – That is if the merchants support it. The only thing you need in order to do all these is just to log in to your KongaPay account using your login details and that’s it. From here You can now pay your DSTv subscription. Once the transaction is done, the money gets debited from your account and your DSTv starts working. You can also set up a standard order on KongaPay to automatically renew your DSTv plan every month if you want; This is absolutely free.
How To Pay Your DSTv Subscription With KongaPay App
For you to be able to pay your DSTv subscription using KongaPay App, you’ll obviously have to download the app if you haven’t already. To download the app, Kindly go to your respective apps stores(Google play store for Android and Apple app store for iPhone/iPad) and search for “KongaPay” and Download the App. Once you have the app installed, then you can follow the steps below.
- Download KongaPay App and Sign In using your Phone Number and KongaPay Pin. Don’t have an account? Click on Sign up to Create one.
- Once you’re logged In, Click on Services and Select TV Subscriptions.
- Select DSTv.
- Now, Input your DSTv SmartCard Number and Tap Continue.
- You’ll be taken to a page with the Subscriber Name and other options to complete your payment.
- Under Bouquet, Choose/Select any of the available Bouquets you would like to subscribe for.
- Now, Choose how many months you will like to subscribe to Under Select Subscription Duration. I.e One month, two months, three months etc.
- If you would like to automatically renew the bouquet once it expires, you can Tick/Mark the “Auto-Renew Every Month”
- Cross-check and make sure you’re okay with the options you provided before hitting Pay.
- Once you hit Pay, The amount of the DSTv subscription you chose will be debited from your bank account linked to your KongaPay account.
It might take some time for DStv to acknowledge the payment and subsequently activate it so be patient.
Recall that an Imo State IT guru, Leo Stan Ekeh acquired Konga last year.
That’s how to pay for your DSTV subscription with KongaPay App.