The Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has released official Whatsapp number which people should add to get latest updates on Covid-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic in the country.
NCDC Whatsapp number is a bot just like that of World Health Organization (WHO) Whatsapp number. It’s developed to help Nigerians get vital information such as symptoms of Covid-19, how to get tested, how to protect yourself, travel guidelines, what to do if exposed to the virus and so on.
The Novel Corona Virus which is named Covid-19 by WHO is already spreading in Nigeria after first case was recorded in February 27, 2020. As at 29 March, 2020, 111 people are already infected with the virus and one death recorded.
The Nigerian Government has taken some strict measures to curtail the rapid spread of the virus such as closing international land and air borders and also locking down worst hit states in the country such as Lagos Abuja and Ogun State.
Key Features of NCDC Whatsapp Number
- Get latest updates on COVID19NIGERIA
- Get information on how testing is carried out
- Receive urgent messages from NCDC
How To Add NCDC On Whatsapp for COVID-19 Updates
- Use this link to add NCDC on Whatsapp.
- Alternatively, add this NCDC WhatsApp number: 07087110839Once added, send “Hi” via WhatsApp to NCDC
- You’ll automatically be registered to receive updates and also have an option to ask for more information as shown below.
- Just enter the number that corresponds to your question and get answers immediately.
Welcome to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control’s (NCDC) official WhatsApp account for updated information on coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Nigeria. This service provides official and up-to-date information on the COVID-19 situation in Nigeria from NCDC.
Do you have any questions about COVID-19 that you want answers to? Select one of the numbers below to receive correct and up to date information:
1. What is Coronavirus? 🦠
2. How to protect yourself 🛡
3. Symptoms of COVID-19 🤒
4. What to do if exposed to COVID-19 🆘
5. How to get tested ⚕️
6. Travel advice 🗺
7. Myth busters 🚫
8. FAQ ❔
9. Situation Report 📋
10. Latest news 📰
11. Report a case❗
Additionally, for global Covid-19 updates, you can add World Health Organization on Whatsapp. Or manually add this WHO number +41797818791 on Whatsapp and send “hi” in a chat to receive updates.
Note that Whatsapp is free and it’s the most popular instant messaging platform in the world right now so it’s a good idea for these Government health organizations to be readily available.
Symptoms of Covid-19
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
5 Preventive Measures
- Wash your hands often with clean water and soap for at least 30 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid crowded place.
Finally, seek for medical attention immediately you feel some of the Coronavirus symptoms in your body.
See how to Sanitize your phone from Coronavirus infection.
Stay Home! Protect Yourself!! Stay Save!!!