Exif data is a standard for storing metadata in a digital image. It’s short for Exchangeable Image File Format, and it was first developed by the Japan Electronic Industries Development Association (JEIDA) in 1996. The original idea was to create a standard way to store information about photos using basic ASCII encoding so that they could be transferred between devices more easily.
There are lots of EXIF editors designed for viewing, and editing EXIF data. In this article, we will walk you through a newly-launched Exif Editor for Mac.
AnyExif is a newly launched EXIF editor for Mac users. It is a comprehensive and professional program to view, add, edit, and remove Exif data on Mac computers. It combines multiple editing features and offers secure and instant service for users who want to manage their photos on Mac easily. Compared with some other EXIF editors on the market, AnyExif has a better interface, clearer navigation, and more advanced functions.
With AnyExif editor, you can manage multiple photos at once. It is easy to view, edit, clear, and mark EXIF information in one program at once. The most powerful editing options are available for you. It allows you to edit a variety of Metadata, including General, EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, TIMESTAMP, CAMERA, LENS, FLASH, etc. No matter whether you are a professional photographer or a website designer, you can use this Exif editor to adjust and modify your photo’s Exif conveniently.
In the next part, we are going to introduce how to use Anyexif to edit Exif data on Mac. If you want to know more details about AnyExif using the guide, go to read the official document here: How to Edit Photos EXIF on Mac, Full Tutorial 2022.
How to View Exif on Your Mac with AnyExif
If you have lots of images to check, AnyExif will be a better tool than Preview. You can batch view EXIF data of many photos at the same time. Here are simple steps to do it.
- Step 1: Click the “Add Folder” button to import the photo folder to the program.
- Step 2: Select the folder you have imported in the last step.
- Step 3：Choose the image you want to check and click the “Exif Viewer” button.
- Step 4: View all EXIF data of the image you select on the right panel of the Exif Viewer Window.
- Step 5: Use the Up and Down Arrow button to select other images for EXIF viewing.
How to Edit General Exif Data with AnyExif
- Step 1: You can see a photo’s Exif data from the Exif Viewer window.
- Step 2: Click the “ General” tag and you will see all general Exif data of the photo.
- Step 3: Click the “Start Process” to let edit the general Exif of these photos
How to Remove Exif Data from Photo?
Sometimes, you can protect your privacy by removing some sensitive information from your photos, such as your location, shooting date, and shooting device… No matter why you want to remove the EXIF data, AnyExif can help you.
- Clean EXIF data from one photo: Select this photo and click on the “Clean” button.
- Clean EXIF data from photos in batch: Multiple select photos and click on the “Clean” button.
Key Features of AnyExif
- Combines the functions of viewing exists, editing EXIF, and modifying EXIF in one tool.
- Support viewing and editing a variety of metadata formats of photos.
- Batch removing image Metadata is supported.
- Free to use: AnyExif is 100% free. You don’t need to subscribe to any plan before using it.
- Enable to add a flag to mark some special photos.
- Remove Metadata information by selecting files individually or in groups.
- Allow you to change the GPS details and add new location info.
- Protect your privacy: it offers the service offline. Your data won’t be leaked out.
- Kind support service and hands-on tutorials from the developer team.
- Professional and comprehensive Exif editing service.
- User-friendly interface and detailed tutorials.
- Fast processing speed.
- Deal with Metadata offline. No personal data is stored by the program.
- Regular updates. More new features can be added soon.
- This tool is only available on Mac computers. It currently doesn’t offer service for Windows users.
Is EXIF Data Reliable?
When it comes to storing your photos on the web, the answer is yes. However, uploading images that were taken with your phone or digital camera can give you some headaches if you’re not careful. The reason for this is that many cameras save metadata inside of the image file itself (e.g., filename, date taken, resolution, and so forth).
This isn’t a problem if all you do is upload photos directly from your camera’s memory card and don’t edit them before uploading them online—but what happens when you take an amazing shot of your cat on the beach? You want people to know how cute he looks in his sunglasses but doesn’t want them to know where he lives! Well then…
While most people think of EXIF data as a way to store additional data about the photos they’ve taken with their camera, it can also be used to override the default settings on your camera! EXIF data can certainly be useful to have around. If you want to ensure that your photo’s Metadata is secure or if you want to make some changes to the photo to make it better, you can get help from a comprehensive EXIF editor like AnyExif. With this tool, you can view, add, edit, and clear EXIF easily. Get it now and start to manage your Exif data on a Mac computer like a pro.