Your app’s description is one of the most important selling tools you have. It’s what will persuade potential users to download and try out your app.
That’s why it’s so important to make sure your app description is well-written, creative, and engaging. Here are 11 different ideas to help you write an app description that sells:
1. Start With a Bang
The first few sentences of your app description are crucial. You need to grab the reader’s attention and make them want to keep reading.
One way to do this is to start with a strong opening line that makes a bold promise or sets up an intriguing question. This is one of the methods to write an app description. Copy Checker is a free plagiarism tool that helps you identify the uniqueness of the catchy lines that you add.
2. Use Keywords
Another method to write an app description is to use keyword phrases in the first line. Your app’s keywords are important not only for ranking in the app store but also for helping potential users find your app.
Include relevant keywords throughout your app description, but don’t stuff them in. Use them naturally and make sure they fit with the rest of your content.
3. Focus on Benefits, not Features
The next method is to directly start with the purpose of your app. This method is also known as hitting the bull in the eye where the writer answers the question at the start.
When you’re describing your app, it’s tempting to list all of its features. But resist the urge! Instead, focus on the benefits users will get from using your app. What problem does your app solve?
How will it make users’ lives easier or better? That’s what you should be highlighting in your app description.
4. Use Persuasive Language
The fourth method is to try using persuasive language. Your app description is a chance to really sell your app and persuade potential users to give it a try.
So don’t be afraid to use persuasive language throughout your copy. Some words and phrases that can be effective in persuasion are “you”, “imagine”, “discover”, “transform”, and “now”. Also, use a free plagiarism checker to avoid overused phrases.
5. Clear and Concise
When it comes to writing an effective app description, less is definitely more. Keep your copy clear and concise, so readers can quickly understand what your app is all about. Avoid long, run-on sentences and unnecessary words. Be clear, straightforward, and to the point.
6. Use Simple Language
Your app’s description should be easy to read and understand, so use simple language throughout. This method is found to be quite successful as more users were able to understand the app and download it subsequently.
Avoid technical jargon or complicated terms that users might not know. Instead, opt for a more conversational tone that anyone can easily follow along with.
7. Write in the Active Voice
When you write in an active voice, your sentences are shorter, clearer, and more persuasive. So make sure to use the active voice in your app description. For example, “Our app helps you save time” is written in the active voice. But “You will save time with our app” is written in the passive voice.
8. Use Strong Verbs
Strong verbs add power and persuasion to your writing. They can also make your sentences shorter and easier to read. So when you’re writing your app description, use strong verbs wherever possible. Some examples include “create”, “transform”, “optimize”, and “boost”.
9. Tell a Story
Stories are a powerful way to connect with readers and persuade them to take action. So if you can work a relevant story into your app description, do it! Your story doesn’t have to be long or complicated. Just a few sentences about how your app has helped or improved someone’s life can be enough.
10. Use Images and Videos
Images and videos are a great way to supplement your app description and give potential users a better idea of what your app is all about. Make sure to include high-quality images and videos that showcase your app in the best light possible.
11. Add a Call to Action
Your app description should include a strong call to action (CTA) that tells readers what you want them to do next.
Some effective CTAs include “download now”, “try it for free”, and “sign up today”. Be clear and concise in telling readers what you want them to do, and make it easy for them to take action.
Importance of Writing App Description
- Increased visibility: A well-written app description can help increase the visibility of your app in app stores and make it more discoverable to potential users.
- Better search rankings: Effective use of keywords in the app description can improve the app’s search rankings and help it appear higher in search results.
- Improved user engagement: A clear and concise app description can help attract and engage users by providing a compelling overview of the app’s features and benefits.
- Increased downloads: A well-written app description can help increase the number of downloads and installations of the app, leading to greater user engagement and increased revenue.
- Better user experience: A clear and concise app description can help users understand the app’s functionality, features, and benefits, leading to a better user experience.
- Increased brand credibility: A well-written app description can enhance the credibility of your brand by demonstrating your commitment to delivering high-quality and user-friendly apps.
- User retention: A good app description can help build trust with users and encourage them to keep using the app, leading to increased user retention and engagement.
- User feedback and ratings: An app description that encourages user feedback and ratings can provide valuable insights into what users like and dislike about the app, leading to improvements and updates that better meet user needs.
Do’s and Don’ts of Writing App Description
Here are the do’s and don’ts of writing an effective app description.
- Keep it concise and to the point: The app description should be brief and clear, avoiding lengthy explanations and technical jargon.
- Highlight the unique features: Emphasize the unique selling points of your app and why it stands out from other similar apps.
- Use keywords effectively: Incorporate relevant keywords to improve the discoverability of the app in app stores.
- Showcase the benefits: Explain how the app solves a problem or improves the user’s life, rather than just listing features.
- Use attractive visuals: Use screenshots, videos, and other visuals to showcase the app’s user interface and highlight its features.
- Optimize for readability: Use short sentences, bullet points, and headings to make the description easy to scan.
- Encourage user ratings and feedback: Ask users to rate the app and provide feedback in the description to encourage user engagement.
- Misrepresent the app: Don’t make false claims or overpromise features that are not present in the app.
- Use misleading keywords: Avoid using irrelevant or misleading keywords in an attempt to increase visibility.
- Overload with technical terms: Don’t use technical terms and jargon that the average user won’t understand.
- Neglect mobile optimization: Don’t write a description that is not optimized for mobile devices, as many users access app stores from their smartphones.
- Include irrelevant information: Don’t include irrelevant information or off-topic information that distracts from the app’s features and benefits.
- Overlook proofreading: Don’t overlook proofreading and editing, as typos and grammatical errors can detract from the credibility of the app and its description.
- Ignore user feedback: Don’t ignore user feedback and ratings, as they can provide valuable insight into what users like and dislike about the app.
Additional Tip to Remember:
Last but not least, make sure to proofread your app description before you publish it. This is especially important if you’re using English as a second language. You can also use multiple tools to check the plagiarism and grammar of your descriptions.
It is the reason that Google will not rank your application if its description is plagiarised.. So in this case you can take the help of an online tool that is available and is very accurate. The tool is copychecker.com.
Also. it comes with rephrasing and plagiarism checking. That will help your description to be error-free. A few rounds of proofreading can help catch any mistakes or errors in your copy. So take the time to do it right!
These are just a few tips to keep in mind when you’re writing your app description. By following these tips, you can create an effective description that will help sell your app and persuade potential users to give it a try. help catch any mistakes or errors in your copy. So take the time to do it right!