Apple ID and iPhone are closely related. You can only backup your device, purchase music, download apps, etc. if you are logged into your Apple account on iPhone.
Apple wants everyone to have their own Apple ID and it does not allow users to transfer data from one Apple ID to another directly. However, what if you want to create a new Apple ID for your new iPhone? Does this mean you will lose all your data? Keep reading to learn more.
How to Transfer Data from One Apple ID to Another
Here are the steps to transfer data from one Apple ID to another. However, please note that it cannot help you transfer purchased data to another Apple ID. If you want to transfer purchased songs or apps, you can refer to the next part to get the solution.
- Go to Settings app > Tap [your account] > Choose iCloud > Turn off Contacts, Calendars, Notes or other options.
- When you turn off the sync option, it will ask if you want to download the data to the device or delete it from the device > Choose Keep on My iPhone In this way, the data on the current Apple ID will be saved to iPhone.
- Sign out of the current Apple ID and sign in new Apple ID > Go to Settings to turn on the sync option to upload data to the new Apple account.
Easily Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone with Different Apple ID
Whether you want to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone or want to share data with friends, you can use AOMEI MBackupper to achieve the goal.
AOMEI MBackupper is one iPhone transfer software for iPhone, iPad, and Windows PC users. It supports data transfer between iPhone and computer, between two iPhones. You can let MBackupper help you transfer everything from one Apple ID to another or just transfer selected files.
How to Transfer Everything from One Apple ID to Another
You can let the iPhone to iPhone Transfer tool help you transfer everything in one click, including photos, videos, contacts, call history, text messages, memos, apps (data files, preference), system settings, etc. It’s recommended if you want to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone.
- Open AOMEI MBackupper > Connect source iPhone and target iPhone to computer via the USB cable > Enter passcode on iPhone so the software can access your device.
- On the home interface, click iPhone to iPhone Transfer
- Enable backup encryption to encrypt data in the source device.
- Click Start Transfer to begin the transfer.
Selectively Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone with different Apple IDc
You can follow the steps below to transfer music, photos, videos, contacts, etc. from iPhone to another one. Here, let’s take transferring music as an example.
Step 1. Transfer Data from Source iPhone to PC
- Open AOMEI MBackupper > Connect the source iPhone to computer.
- Click Transfer to Computer
- Choose the songs you want to transfer and click OK to confirm > Select a path to save your music > Click Transfer to save songs to computer.
Step 2. Transfer Data from PC to Target iPhone
- Disconnect the source iPhone and connect the target iPhone to computer.
- Choose Transfer to iPhone > Click the Plus icon to choose the music files you exported before.
- Click Transfer to import music to the target iPhone. It will not erase any existing songs or any other data on the device.
Wirelessly Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone with Different Apple ID
If you do not have a computer at hand, you can let the mobile app of MBackupper help you transfer data from one iPhone to another one wirelessly. You can go to App Store to install MBackupper on your device. It works like AirDrop, no need to connect to a Wi-Fi network and will not consume cellular data.
- Open MBackupper on both iPhones and allow the tool to use WLAN & access files on device.
- Go to Connect Device and tap the avatar on either iPhone to establish a connection.
- Go to File Transfer on the target iPhone > Choose the data you want to transfer and tap Send.