A Windows partition manager is needed when you want to improve your PC performance. In this article, you can get powerful partition managing freeware.
In this post, we’ll review a top Windows partition manager on the market which can optimize your PC, and make it run faster and more efficiently.
A Windows Partition Manager is in Requirement
Generally, there are several partitions on your PC to store different types of data. Reasonable disk space allocation will help you to have better PC management, so it’s quite essential to have a good Windows partition manager.
As the Windows built-in tools, CMD and Disk Management always be regarded as the first two options to manage the users’ partitions.
Both of them can perform many disk management tasks, including resizing volumes, formatting volumes, changing drive letters, and so on.
But in some cases, they have their drawbacks. The buttons in Disk Management may be greyed out under some specific conditions, such as “Shrink Volume greyed out” or “Extend volume greyed out”. Besides, if you perform the wrong entered command on CMD, it may cause unknown problems and even lose the data.
Therefore, many users tend to use a much simpler and more convenient Windows partition manager for the PC. Fortunately, this post will introduce one partition manager on Windows OS- AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard for you to manage partitions.
What Should You Know About AOMEI Partition Assistant?
When choosing a Windows partition manager, the users have some key points to consider: safety, practicality, tidiness, compatibility, appearance design, friendliness, price, etc. By carefully seeking and checking the Windows partition tools market, we chose the reliable AOMEI Partition Assistant.
This magic partition manager shows the users its kindness in the following aspects:
- It bans the appearance of any virus and malware, so you can use this tool without worrying about the safety of your PC.
- It provides you with multiple functions for managing PC partitions, including Resize Partitions, Merge Partitions, Wipe hard drive, Change Drive Letters, Format Partitions, and so on.
- It helps you to effectively perform disk management operations with user-friendly guidance, and it allows you to preview the result of the operations, so the wrong operations on managing partitions will be reduced.
- It can be widely used on Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, so you can use it to manage any PC installed on these Windows systems.
- It designs a clean interface, so you can manage your disk partitions with enjoyment.
- Its price is lower than the other similar software, and it’s much more cost-cost-effective.
- It aims to solve some tricky partition issues with advanced functions, including recovering lost partitions, clone partition without losing data, converting to logical partitions, replacing a hard drive without reinstalling Windows, etc.
However, it also is opposed to its always popping pout upgrade prompt. And the overly intuitive interface laying greatly reduces the user’s enjoyment when managing partitions with it.
Stepwise Guide to Managing Windows Partitions
Due to irrational space allocation between partitions, some users may encounter issues like the C drive becoming full and PC freeze. Here you can see how to manage disk partitions in Windows 10 with AOMEI Partition Assistant.
Case 1. Resize the partition
When there is adjacent unallocated space on the right of the target partition, you can extend the partition with the “Resize/ Move Partition” feature.
Step 1. Right-click the target partition (C drive), then select “Resize Partition”.
Step 2. Drag the small circle to the right side to change the size of the C drive, and click “OK”. You can also directly input the target C drive size in the small “Partition Size” frame.
Step 3. Click the “Apply” to extend the C drive space.
Tip: When you want to shrink a volume, you can drag the mentioned “small circle” to shrink it.
Case 2. Merge partitions
When there’s no adjacent unallocated space, the “Merge Partition” function can help you extend C drive.
Step 1. In the main interface, choose “Merge Partition”.
Step 2. In the small window, tick C drive and D drive (or the other drives with free space). Click “OK” to merge them.
Step 3. Click “Apply” and “Proceed” in turn to realize the operation.
To Sum Up
How can you optimize the PC performance? A Windows partition manager will help you to manage PC partitions, providing you with a much more comfortable working environment.
In this article, we shared the powerful partition manager on Windows 10- AOMEI Partition Assistant for you to have wonderful partition management. Besides, if you want to format a disk, this disk format tool can meet your needs. Just have a try.