Online transportation is gradually becoming popular in Nigeria and Africa at large as we now have some transport companies totally focused on this type of service which is very fast, reliable and above all, convenient.
Uru which is an online taxi hiring service similar to Uber and Taxify is now officially launched in Owerri, the capital of Imo State, Nigeria. With time, the Uru online transport service is expected to cover other cities in the country.
Last year, Uru made their presence known in Ghana and it was the first nationwide online transportation service in Ghana with office at Kokomlemle on Friday, April 21, 2017.
Wondering how it works? How to book a taxi? If you can apply to be one of the registered taxi? Can you register your own car with Uru? All these questions will be answered on this post by the end you are through reading it.
How URU Online Taxi Transport Service Works
The founder of Uru, Mr. Peters Ben opined that “the services is integrated with Google map and advanced global payment security encryptions that will ensure exciting and safer trips.”
“ We have installed strong and reliable tools to ensure that customers can pick a ride online and be able to travel. We understand how fast Africa is developing and the urge to connect with families and businesses with ease and reliability, so we have resourced our platform to deliver and meet the expectation of our clients,” he added.
With Uru, “we offer the cheapest and most convenient means of online taxi giving both customers and drivers the most transparent dashboard that can easily be modified to fit riders’ specification during trips.”
The Uru Mobile App
When you download the Uru App from google playstore or iOS store (itunes), you can book a taxi service that will locate you and take you to where you are going. Making you a boss at that time. The app is useful for both customers and drivers.
How To Book URU Taxi?
Booking a taxi is fast and easy. First, you need to download and install the mobile app and click on “book now”. Alternatively, you can click book now to get started.
I’m a Driver, Can I Register With Uru?
Yes, the company welcomes any qualified driver who wishes to be part of the driving staff. You can earn up to N10,000 daily as a registered driver. The basic requirement is your driving license. Whether you have a car or not, you can be employed. Also car owners who are interested in using their cars for commercial use are accepted as long as the car is in a very good working condition and neat.
How To Contact The Company
Like I said earlier, it’s currently only available in Owerri and to contact them, use the following details
- Ride with Uru for the best experience. Enjoy cool rates with no price surging
- Book a driver for later pickup. Super easy and convenient. Uru now in Owerri get a taxi in a Minute
- Use Promo Code IBALAURU to get 50% discount on your first ride
- Are you a driver? Need a car? Visit the office and let’s connect you to a car owner.
- You can drop or use your car and earn up to 10k Naira daily.
- The vehicles are in good condition
- It provides another alternative to Uber and Taxify
- #uru #ridewithuru #Accra #Ghana #Nigeria #Owerri
- It’s yet to be available in all states in Nigeria including Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt
- According to reviews and some experience of people including mine when I tried to book a taxi in owerri, the taxi is still scarce. They meed to work more on availability
- The taxi is only accessible in Owerri Town.
How To Get 50% Discount
Do you know you can get up to 50% discount on your first ride with urudrive? Yes it’s real. All you need to do is use the promo code “IBALAURU”.