Flutterwave, under SimoTek Holding Inc., has finally launched some affordable data bundles for Nigerians.
Some of the cheap SIMO data plans includes 100MB for N69, 200MB for N129, 1.5GB for N799 and so on.
In this post, you will see how to subscribe or activate any SIMO data plan easily with instructional images.
Recall that SIMO was launched back in September 17, 2018 and since then, the telecom company has being on test run.
Some of us benefited immensely from the free internet data given to by SIMO.
Trust me, when I discovered this, I posted it on mokoweb.com for all of us to enjoy and those of us using SIMO supported phones grabbed and enjoyed it.
Now SIMO app doesn’t offer awoof data anymore but cheap data.
The test run is over! Simo is now an alternative internet data provider in Nigeria.
What Is SIMO?
SIMO is a new technological innovation that offers internet data without a physical SIM card.
In other words, SIMO is a virtual SIM that works in your phone whether there is a SIM card or not.
This means you don’t have to buy a SIM card to browse the internet. All you need, is the SIMO app. It also works similar to eSIM.
We have already explained this in detail in our previous post. You can see the SIMO post for more clarification.
SIMO Data Plans
These internet bundles from SIMO can be seen as the best plans at the moment because it’s cheap and works day and night.
Here are the official SIMO data plans in Nigeria.
- 100MB (50MB plus free 50MB) for 69 Naira. Valid for 7 days
- 200MB (130MB plus free 70MB) for 129 Naira. Valid for 7 days
- 1.5GB (1.2GB plus free 300MB) for 799 Naira. Valid for 30 days
- 2.5GB (2GB plus free 500MB) for 1,399 Naira. Valid for 30 days
- 100GB (80GB plus free 20GB) for 14,999 Naira. Valid for 30 days.
Summary of SIMO Data Plans
How to Activate SIMO Data Plan
There are several ways to activate or subscribe to any SIMO data bundle. They are listed below.
- Subscription using PalmPay
- Subscription using USSD
- Subscription using Card
- Subscription using Bank Account
- Subscription using Bank Transfer
👉 Install SIMO App (download here) if you don’t already have it.
👉 Have a SIMO compatible Phone
👉 Sign-up with your phone number, email or social media account.
For example, to subscribe to 100MB for N69 data plan on SIMO app, follow these procedures;
- Open SIMO app
- Select 100MB under “data plan for browsing”
- Tick USSD from the options that appears on “payment page”
- Click “CONFIRM & PAY“
- In the next page, choose your bank
- Now dial the code displayed on your mobile phone
- Use the 4-digits reference code to complete the payment. For further security, your bank may request you to enter your password to complete payment.
- After that, 100MB will be added to your SIMO app.
How to Connect SIMO App
To use the data on SIMO app, you must first connect the app.
It’s pretty simple to do this. Just open SIMO app and tap on the connect button located at the top right corner of the app.
Once connected, it will make use of one SIM space on your phone and you can then start browsing.
Advantages of Using SIMO
- It’s cheap
- No physical SIM card required
- Very fast browsing
- No data roaming charges
- Doesn’t zap data
- Awoof data with PalmPay account
Disadvantages of SIMO
When connected, it replaces one SIM card place in your phone so you won’t be able to receive calls or messages on that SIM unless you disconnect SIMO.
What I do is I normally assign SIMO to the SIM i don’t use for receiving calls. This way, you have nothing to loose.
There is still data awoof package going on now. Just download the PalmPay app via SIMO and get awoof data which you can withdraw as money to pay for a SIMO data bundle.
What do you think about these innovation?