Network Attached Storage (NAS) systems have become an essential part of our digital lives, providing a convenient and centralized location for storing and accessing all of our valuable data.
However, just like with any other storage device, data loss on NAS systems can happen due to various reasons such as accidental deletion, hardware failure, or software corruption.
In such cases, WondershareRecoverit comes to the rescue as a powerful data recovery solution. In this article, I’ll guide you through the process of using Recoverit to retrieve lost data from your NAS system.
Why Choose Recoverit for NAS Data Recovery?
Recoverit is a reliable and user-friendly data recovery software that offers several advantages for NAS data recovery:
- Supports multiple NAS brands and systems: Recoverit is compatible with a wide variety of NAS systems, including popular brands like Synology, QNAP, and ASUSTOR.
- Recovers various file types: The software can recover documents, photos, videos, audio files, and more than 1000 file types from your NAS system.
- High success rate: With its advanced scanning algorithms, Recoverit boasts a high data recovery success rate in the industry.
- Easy-to-use interface: The software’s intuitive interface makes it easy for users of all skill levels to navigate and recover their lost data.
How to Use Recoverit to Recover Data from NAS Systems
Step 1: Download and Install Recoverit
Download the Recoverit software from the official website and install it on your computer. Once installed, launch the software.
Step 2: Connect to NAS Device
In the Recoverit interface, you’ll find various options for data recovery. Choose the “NAS &Linux Recovery” option. And then enter the IP, port, username, and password to connect to your NAS server.
Step 3: Scan the NAS System
Once the connection is established, the program will start automatic scanning to find lost or deleted data in the chosen NAS device. Recoverit will scan your NAS system for lost or deleted files.
This process may take some time, depending on the size of your NAS and the amount of data stored on it.
Step 4: Preview and Recover Files
Once the scanning process is complete, you’ll see a list of recoverable files organized by file type. You can preview the files by clicking on them. Select the files you want to recover and click the “Recover” button.
Step 5: Save the Recovered Files
Choose a safe location on your computer or another storage device to save the recovered files. Avoid saving the files back onto the NAS system to prevent data overwriting.
Tips to Prevent Data Loss on NAS Systems
While Recoverit is a powerful tool for recovering lost data, it’s always best to prevent data loss in the first place. Here are some tips to help you safeguard your valuable data on NAS systems:
- Regularly back up your data: Set up automatic backups of your NAS system to another storage device or cloud storage service to ensure you always have a copy of your important files.
- Use RAID configurations: Many NAS systems support RAID configurations, which can provide data redundancy and protect against hardware failure.
- Keep your NAS system updated: Regularly update your NAS system’s firmware and software to fix any bugs and vulnerabilities that could lead to data loss.
- Use strong passwords and security measures: Protect your NAS system with strong passwords and enable security features such as encryption to keep your data safe from unauthorized access.
- How to Extract Audio from MP4
- How to Recover Lost Files on Windows 10
- Top Sites to Download Paid Software for Free
Data loss on NAS systems can be a frustrating experience, but with Recoverit, you can quickly and easily recover your lost files. By following the steps outlined in this guide and implementing preventive measures, you can ensure that your valuable data remains safe and secure on your NAS system.