Gone are the days of heavily relying on windows PC for browsing the internet. A lot has changed in the last decade and one of the these changes is clearly visible in the mobile technology industry. Now, you can browse the internet and carry out several tasks online on the go right from your Android mobile smartphone. But your browsing experience on your smartphone is determined by the type of mobile web browser you used while surfing the net so in this article, you will get to know the best web browsers for Android phones.
Because of the huge popularity of Android smartphones all over the world, a lot of app developers has developed so many web browsers as can be seen on Google Play Store but most of these browsers are just not good enough while some are top notch and brings PC experience on your Android phone.
These mobile web browsers are one of the most important apps in any phone because it gets you connected to the world. For students, it’s very vital for research purposes, assignments and projects writing. For a marketer, the web browser is useful for feasibility studies, market focast, keeping track of current price of goods, advertisements and lots more. While for many others, web browsers help us keep track of the latest news and happenings around us. In fact, the importance and benefits of mobile web browsers to Android users can not be overemphasized.
Best Mobile Browsers For Android 2019
So without wasting much time, let’s take a look at the best 6 web browsers for Android Smartphones right now.
Currently, Google Chrome is the best mobile web browser for Android built with so many advanced features and the same time very fast in loading web pages. Owned by Google LLC, the chrome web browser offers delivers the best user experience you can think of from a web browser. Some of the features of Chrome are;
- ability to search from the address bar
- browse the web in private Incognito mode
- automatic filling of web forms with your previously entered data
- Top news highlights on homepage
- Ads block options
- Can Download any type of files
- Save pages for offline reading
- Bookmark favorite pages
- Google chrome features Google’s Safe Browsing which gives you warning when you click dangerous links.
- It features Google Translate in the browser which helps you to get the webpage in your preferred language
- Google voice search is available in Chrome for Android
- It’s the best web browser for submitting job applications, WAEC, JAMB, GCE, Post UME and every other Examination registrations online.
- Download the app from the link above and enjoy even more features.
Some of the highlight features of opera web browser for Android includes;
- flash, faster downloading
- private browsing
- tabbed browsing with customisation options
- sponsored notification which can be turned off through settings
- Ads blocking features
- News feeds for trending news worldwide and local
- It has has a data saver function where you can fire up Ad blocker
- video compression and image quality accordingly
- And lots more.
Download the app from the link above to enjoy more features.
3. UC Browser
UC Browser is one of the best web browsers for Android phones with so many features and data saving options. UC Browser by UCWeb is the top used mobile browser in India with a market share of 49% according to StatCounter as of August 2015. In the United States and Nigeria, it’s rated second just behind Google Chrome. Similar ratings are applicable in several other countries. Just like Opera, there are two versions of UC Browser – UC Browser and UC Mini Browser (lite version).
Below are some of the outstanding features of UC Browser for Android;
- Best Android web browser for downloading files online
- Has Built-in ad blocker
- Data saving options
- In-app widgets (cards)
- Beautiful and user friendly interface
- Cloud boost technology that uses UC servers to deliver fast loading speed
- Comes with a good download manager
- A lot of customization options
- It comes with night mode
- Quick access
- Gestures technology
- Weather forecast and widget
- Text only mode for saving even more data when you are about running out of MB
- Adds-on and speed mode
You can download the browser app from the link above or download UC Mini Handler with VPN features if you need even faster browsing experience.
This is one browser that came out newly in 2016. It has many features built into it such as as blocker. In addition, it can block third party cookies, block scripts, and it has HTTPS everywhere. Added to this features is per-site setting just in case you are in need of that. There are optimisations for speed and battery life Improvements. You can have track of all what the browser blocks. It is a very functional browser and it is fun to use. The basic feature you find in other browsers are there like bookmarks, history, and a privacy (incognito) mode.
Features of Brave Browser for Android;
- Ads blocker – blocks pop up ads
- Fast page load speed
- Secured browsing experience
- Battery and data optimization
- Privacy protection
- Third-party cookie blocking
- Private tab
- Recent tabs
- Tracking protection
- HTTPS everywhere for security
- Script blocking
- History and lots more.
Download the app from the link above.
One of the oldest web browsers on desktop computers, Firefox has found its way to the Android and mobile platform and stands tall among the best web browsers for Android right now.
The mobile version of Firefox is similar to its desktop version. Aside the essentials features it has, it features HTML5 support, firefox sync, add-ons support, and allows multiple panels. The browser allows you to send video and web content from your phone to any TV which supports streaming. It is a secure Android browser and you can download it for free on the Google Play Store.
Here are some of the best features of Firefox browser for Android;
- It’s fast and smart
- Intelligent search and results
- Next level privacy
- You can synchronize your mobile version of Firefox with desktop version
- Delivers intuitive visual appealing tabs
- Easy access to your most visited sites
- Quick sharing buttons
- Send videos to your TV with streaming abilities
You can download and install the browser from the link above.
One of the newest browsers on Google Playstore for Android phones, Dolphin was launched four years ago and have managed to stay relevant with certain features like Dolphin Sonar, which gives you opportunity to search for things with voice (“search Amazon for Nike Shoes” and “go to Facebook.com”), and also share stuffs to social media websites. Sure these things can be done with artificial intelligence assistants today, but it is very great for it to be in a browser. You can bookmark web pages with finger gestures. Webzine allows you to have more than 300, web sources aggregates on your Palm.
Features of Dolphin Browser;
- Flash Player
- AdBlock (pop up blocker)
- Multiple Tabs bar
- Bookmarks & Add-ons sidebar
- Personalized Search
- Fast Download
- Incognito/private Browsing
- Many theme options
Get the browser from the link above.
Final Thoughts On Best Mobile Web Browser Apps For Android
These web browsers comes with unique features that distinguished them from others. The type of web browser you use is determined by what you want to use it for. For instance, if you want to save data and battery, go for opera mini or uc browser. But if you want to sign up for stuffs online such as creating an email account, registration of exams, checking results online, buying stuffs online, then you definitely need Google Chrome Browser. For downloading stuffs, UC Browser is the best alternative for that.
Now you have the list and can make your choice for best web browsers. Thank you for reading my article again today.