When it comes to traditional light bulbs and LED light bulbs, there are a lot of misconceptions about how they work and what the benefits are. Some people think that LED light bulbs are just a fad and that traditional ones will always be better.
But is this true? This blog post will discuss the differences between LED and traditional light bulbs and why you should consider using LED lights in your business.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What are LED Lights?
LED lights are made with semiconductor chips that emit light when an electric current passes through them. LED lights are much more energy-efficient than traditional incandescent bulbs and last a lot longer too. As seen at https://www.viribright.com/led-light-bulb-terminology/, these lights have different terminologies, including lumens, wattage, and Kelvins.
It is essential to understand these terminologies to make an informed decision when choosing LED lights for your business, as this will help you understand their true benefits.
What are Traditional Lights?
On the other hand, traditional light bulbs work by heating a filament inside the bulb until it becomes white-hot and emits light. This process is inefficient and uses a lot of energy, which is why traditional light bulbs are being phased out in favor of more energy-efficient options like LED lights.
You can find these traditional light bulbs at most stores. However, their supply is limited as LED lights become more popular.
LED vs. Traditional Light Bulbs Differences
Now that we know a little about how LED and traditional light bulbs work, let’s look at some of the key differences between these two types of lights.
- Energy Efficiency: LED lights are more energy-efficient than traditional light bulbs. This is because they use less power to produce the same amount of light. LED lights can be up to 90% more energy-efficient than traditional light bulbs.
- Lifespan: LED lights also have a much longer lifespan than traditional light bulbs. While a traditional light bulb might last for around 1000 hours, an LED light can last up to 50,000 hours. This means you won’t have to replace your LED lights as often, saving you money in the long run.
- Cost: LED lights may cost more upfront, but they will save you money in the long run due to their energy efficiency and long lifespan.
- Performance: LED lights are also better performers than traditional light bulbs. They produce a higher quality of light and are more durable, meaning they can withstand being turned on and off more frequently.
- Design: LED lights are available in various designs, which means you can find an option to suit your business. On the other hand, traditional light bulbs are only available in a limited number of designs, including the normal A-shape and the globe.
These are some key differences between LED and traditional light bulbs. As you can see, LED lights have a lot of advantages over traditional light bulbs, so if you’re looking to upgrade your business’s lighting, LED lights are the way to go.
So, Which is Better?
The answer to this question depends on your needs and preferences. If you’re looking for a light bulb that is more energy-efficient and lasts longer, then LED lights are the way to go.
However, if you’re looking for a light bulb that is less expensive upfront, then traditional light bulbs might be a better option for you.
Factors to Consider When Switching to LED Lights
Now that we’ve looked at some of the key differences between LED and traditional light bulbs, let’s take a look at some of the factors you should consider when switching to LED lights.
- Cost: As we mentioned before, LED lights may cost more upfront, but they will save you money in the long run due to their energy efficiency and long lifespan.
- Lumens: When choosing LED lights, you should look for bulbs with high lumen output. This means they will produce more light, making them ideal for business use.
- Wattage: You should also consider the wattage of the bulbs you choose. LED lights use less power than traditional light bulbs, so you can save money on your energy bill by choosing LED lights with a lower wattage.
- Kelvins: Kelvins are a measure of the color temperature of a light bulb. When choosing LED lights, you should look for bulbs with a high Kelvin rating, which will indicate that they produce a more natural-looking light.
- Design: You should also consider the design of the bulbs you choose. LED lights are available in various shapes and sizes, so you can find bulbs that will fit your business’s needs. For instance, if you’re looking for lights that you can use in various applications, you might want to choose LED bulbs with a standard shape.
LED lights are becoming more popular in businesses due to their many advantages over traditional light bulbs. If you’re considering switching to LED lights, keep the factors we’ve discussed in mind. Doing so will help you choose the right LED lights for your business. Also, ensure that you buy the same from reputable companies to get the quality product.