Infinix has added yet another device to its Hot lineup simply called “Infinix Hot 8“. The Smartphone is an entry level budget device that packs some impressive specifications and yet costs cheaper.
Infinix Hot 8 specs are pretty impressive especially the modern trendy water drop display design and massive 5000mAh battery backup. The Hot 8 also comes with a 13MP +2MP + 2MP triple camera setup at the back with flash, and a single 8 megapixel selfie shooter. Other highlight features are 6.5 inches display size, 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, Android 9 pie, fingerprint scanner, MTK Helio P22 chipset and fast charging.
Key Specs of Infinix Hot 8
- Display: 6.52-inches IPS LCD display.
- OS: Android 9 (Pie).
- Battery: 5,000mAh with fast charge.
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM.
- Performance: Octa Core MediaTek Helio P22.
- Camera: Triple 13MP + 2MP + 2MP Rear cameras, 8MP front camera with LED flash.
- Price: Starts from $97 (N35,000 Naira).
Infinix Smartphones are pretty affordable and the retail price of Hot 8 is just $97 if you buy from September 12th 2019. But after October 30th, the price will go up to $111 in retail stores online and offline.
Infinix Mobility is a Hong Kong based smartphone company with decent market in India, China, Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, United Kingdom and some other countries.
Latest Infinix Hot 8 is a decent upgrade to its previous version – Hot 7 as the Hot 7 comes with 1GB/2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, 6.2-inches display, 4000mAh battery, Android 8.0 oreo version and has more bezels. As you can see, the Hot 8 upgrade touches almost every area that needed improvement from the previous edition. A more reason you should consider it.
Infinix Hot 8 Review: Design & Display
Infinix Hot 8 sports a 6.5-inch HD+ LCD display with a waterdrop notch and 20:9 aspect ratio. It measures 165 mm x 76.3 mm x 8.7 mm and weighs 179 grams. The screen resolution is 720 x 1600 pixels and 269 ppi pixel density.
In the upper notch area, there is an 8MP camera sensor with Led flash while at the back, there is a triple camera lined up vertically including a led flash. Also visible at the rear is a fingerprint sensor positioned centrally just above the halfway mark.
Under the phone is a USB port used for charging the device and for data transfers. The speakers are also located there while on top of the device, you will find a 3.5 audio jack. The left side contains the expandable micro SD card slot while the right side of the houses the volume buttons and the SIM card slot. The bezels on this Smartphone is quite small, an improvement from the Hot 7.
The design of this phone is modern, impressive and expensive but the device is not actually pricey.
Infinix Hot 8 Camera
Like already stated in this review article, the Hot 8 packs 13MP+2MP+2MP camera combination in the back with a LED flash. The vertically stacked triple camera setup with a 13MP F1.8 main shooter, 2 MP depth helper and a dedicated 2 MP low-light sensor is pretty moderate and delivers a decent snapshot in lit and low light situations.
For your selfies, Infinix Hot 8 has an 8 MP snapper with LED flash for taking pictures of yourself even in dark areas.
Infinix Hot 8 Android Version & Performance
The Hot 8 runs Android 9.0 Pie out of the box, powered by Octa core, 2 GHz, Cortex A53 processor MediaTek Helio A22 12nm SoC with 4GB of RAM + 64GB onboard storage expandable via microSD card and yes it performs way better than some hugely expensive smartphones out there.
Infinix Hot 8 Battery
Here comes one of the best highlights features of the Hot 8. It comes equipped with a massive 5000mAh battery capacity that will last you two days with moderate usage and one full day on high usage. The phone also supports quick charge/flash charge/fast charging technology which makes it possible to fully charge the big 5,000mAh battery from 0% to 100% under two hours.
Infinix Hot 8 Full Specifications
Below is the complete specs sheet of the Hot 8 Android 9 Smartphone.
- 6.52-inch capacity touch screen (1600×720 pixels) 20:9 aspect ratio HD+ display with 450 nits brightness, 1500:1contrast ratio.
- 720 x 1600 pixels resolution and 269 ppi pixel density.
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor 650MHz IMG
- 64 bits
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- Thickness 8.7mm
- Width 76.3mm
- Weight 179g
- Height 165mm
- Cosmic Purple
- Quetzal Cyan
- Midnight black
- RAM 4GB
- 64GB Internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 4G: Available (supports Indian bands, Nigerian bands)
- 3G: Available
- 2G: Available
- SIM 1: 4G Bands:TD-LTE 2600(band 38) / 2300(band 40) / 2500(band 41) FD-LTE 2100(band 1) / 1800(band 3) / 900(band 8) / 850(band 5)3G Bands: UMTS 1900 / 2100 / 850 / 900 MHz2G Bands: GSM 1800 / 1900 / 850 / 900 MHz GPRS:Available EDGE:Available
- SIM 2: 4G Bands: TD-LTE 2600(band 38) / 2300(band 40) / 2500(band 41) FD-LTE 2100(band 1) / 1800(band 3) / 900(band 8) / 850(band 5)3G Bands: UMTS 1900 / 2100 / 850 / 900 MHz 2G Bands: GSM 1800 / 1900 / 850 / 900 MHz GPRS:Available EDGE:Available
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- XOS 5.0
- 13MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, Quad LED flash, 2MP Depth Sensor, VGA Low light Sensor.
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Light sensors
- Wifi Wi-Fi 802.11, a/b/g/n
- 4G Volte
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Mass storage device, USB charging, microUSB 2.0
- Non-removable 5000mAh li-ion battery
- 15w Fast charging
- FM radio
- Wifi direct
- Phone book
- Call recorder
- 3.5 audio jack
- Nigeria: from N35,000
- India: Rs 6,999
- Online: $97 to $111
- Available (September 12, 2019)
My thoughts? Yes my thoughts on this device is that it’s nice considering the price tag. If you want to experience a feel of modem smartphone at low cost, then Infinix Hot 8 should be considered in your next budget.
Other Infinix Phones
- Infinix Hot S4.
- Infinix Hot S4 Pro.
- Infinix S3 vs Tecno Camon CM.
- Solutions to Infinix Fast Charging Problems.
So what do you think about this Smartphone?