Things to learn on this post includes; How to activate Airtel Night Plans, how to subscribe Airtel 500mb for N25 night plan, Airtel night plan codes, benefits and how to check night data balance.
Airtel subscribers on SmartTrybe Tariff plan now enjoys 500mb for N25 for night browsing between the hours of 12am to 5am but the 1.5gb for N50 naira plan is no longer in existence as it’s now 1.5gb for N200.
One would wonder why Airtel and other network providers in Nigeria are making life more difficult to customers by increasing prices of data plans especially without adequate notice or announcements prior to enforcement date. Just few days ago, MTN NG updated its night plan making it just 125MB for N25 Naira. With this, you will see that Airtel Night plan is still the cheapest and the best among other networks at this moment.
So how do you get started with Airtel Night plans?
Who Is Eligible For Airtel Night Plans
All subscribers on the SmartTrybe 2.0 Tariff are eligible for all Airtel Night Plans.
How To Activate Airtel Night Plans
To Subscribe to any Airtel Night Plan, you must migrate to SmartTrybe by dialing *312# and following the on-screen instructions.
- Dial *312# then select 1 to“migrate” to the SmartTrybe!
- Dial *312# then select 3 to see the Trybe Night Browsing offers.
More information and activation USSD codes are discussed below.
Code To Activate Airtel 500MB For N25 Night Plan
- Ensure you have at least ₦25 in your airtel SIM
- Then dial *312# and select 3 for list of Airtel Night Plans type 1 for 500MB plan to subscribe the airtel N25 for 500MB plan.
- This plan valid for 1 Night (between 12am – 5am) auto renewal not applicable.
Code To Activate Airtel 1.5GB for N20 Night Browsing Plan
Follow below procedures to subscribe to airtel 1.5gb for N200 night plan;
- Recharge ₦200 or above
- Dial *312# and select 3 for Airtel Night Plans, then select 2 to subscribe to 1.5GB plan for N200
- It valid for 1 Night (between 12am – 5am)
How to Check Airtel Night Data Balance
Dialing *140# will not display your night data balance because Airtel Kept it hidden just the way MTN did on their night plans. However, there are other methods you can use to track or check your balance and that’s by using a data usage tracking app like Datally from google but if you don’t want to install an extra app to check it, then follow below procedures to check it from your phone.
- Go to phone settings.
- Tap on networks
- Tap on mobile networks
- Select Data Usage.
- Open and toggle the date to display starting from the exact subscription was done. (This shows a data stats showing only data you’ve used that day)
- Set a data limit and monitor when you’ve reached of exceeded the daily limit you’ve set.
Benefits Of Airtel SmartTrybe Tariff
- Enjoy calls at 11kb/sec to all networks after first minutes charged at 40kb/sec
- 1GB for N500. Valid for 7 days
- N25 for 500MB Night Browsing. Valid between 12 and 5 am
- Android 1.0 data plans
- And more advantages.
Terms And Conditions
- All prepaid customers can migrate to this offer, and enjoy the daily benefits once the daily threshold is reached.
- First migration in a month is free. Subsequent migration into SmartTrybe within a month costs N100.
- Data bonus on recharge is non transferable.
- Only customers on SmartTRYBE are eligible to buy the special bundles.
Now you have see a better alternative to MTN Night Plan. But there is a way to enjoy totally free browsing on Airtel. What do you think?