Tinder, one of the most popular dating apps for Android and iOS has one popular bug which is occasional crashing when trying to open the app. A lot of friends has complained that their Tinder app keeps crashing and seek to know how to fix the issue.
For our new readers who are not very conversant with this social app, you can read up all the information and download Tinder app from my previous article.
Therefore, whether the app crashes upon login or the logo crashes or the app is totally down and unable to open, I have provided a solution to this through my 5 ways of fixing the bug.
The annoying bug is more prevalent on iOS devices but few Android devices also has the bug especially low-end smartphones.
HOW TO FIX TINDER THAT KEEPS CRASHING
Whether you are using Tinder on Android or iPhone, follow the instructions below to fix the crashing issues.
FIRST METHOD: Force Stop The Application
Most times, tinder app misbehave because of clogged background processes and once freed, the app usually comes alive again. One of the ways to achieve this is to force close the app following the guidelines below;
- Go to settings.
- Scroll down to apps.
- Tap on apps and locate tinder.
- Now tap on it and you will see two options to “uninstall” or “force stop”.
- Just tap on “force stop” to close the app and free its background processes.
- Tap on Home button twice to open your recent apps.
- Locate Tinder.
- Swipe up to force close Tinder.
- Depending on the type of crash your Tinder experienced, it might not be seen in the recent list.
If this first method didn’t fix the crashing error on your Tinder app, see the second method below.
SECOND METHOD: Update The Application
Tinder app tends to crash whenever you are using the outdated version of the app. You are expected to constantly update the app as soon as new update is available to fix some of the bugs you experienced especially when you are not open the app smoothly. Just follow this steps to update your app.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your phone.
- Tap on the menu icon at the top left corner of the app.
- Tap on “my apps & games”.
- Then locate the tinder app and update it.
- Open the Apple store on your iPhone.
- Select Updates.
- Choose to update Tinder or every other app that needs update.
- Have the update installed and confirm if it worked.
This normally fixes the crashing error but if it did not maybe because of the kind of crash, check the next step.
THIRD METHOD: Reboot Your Phone
Another easy method of fixing this type of Tinder app problem is by performing a soft reboot. This is because, whenever you reboot your phone, it heals some minor issues caused by cache buildup and memory clogging thereby improving the performance of the device.
- To reboot your Android device, simply locate the power button usually at the right hand side below or above the volume button as the case may be.
- Long-press the power button for about 6 seconds and select “reboot” or “restart” if you are presented with the option.
- Else long press the power button for 10 seconds to automatically restart the phone.
- Place your hands on the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously.
- Let the smartphone reboot till the Apple logo becomes visible.
- Allow the device reload and confirm if Tinder has started working fine.
Since applications make use of several cached or temporary files, letting it undergo a reboot will let go of those files and reload fresh ones. If there was an issue with any of the temporary files, you would’ve fixed Tinder.
FOURTH METHOD: Check For System Update
The last but not the least is to check if there is a new system update for your Android phone or iOS device.
OS Updates are usually rolled out to fix known bugs and errors. It’s also released for overall system performance so it’s very advisable to stay up to date with the latest updates. Follow below guidelines to perform Over The Air (OTA) update on your Android and iPhone.
- Charge your phone up to 80%.
- Go to phone settings.
- Tap on “about phone”
- Then tap on “system update”.
- Tap on it to check for most resent update that is available for your phone.
- Click on the update to install it.
- Your Smartphone will restart once the installation is completed.
For iOS Device:
- Ensure your iPhone is well charged and on WiFi.
- Access Settings and General.
- Choose Software Update and have any update downloaded.
Still didn’t fix the app crashing issues? Try the last option.
FIFTH METHOD: Re-install Tinder
With this last resort, you will have to logout, uninstall and reinstall the tinder app on your phone. And yes! Your data is stored for you in the tinder server once you login again with your details.
- Go to settings.
- Tap on “Apps”.
- Locate “Tinder” and click on it.
- Now tap on “Uninstall”.
- Then, go to Google Play Store.
- Search for “Tinder app”.
- Install and login with your details.
- Go to the Home screen and long-press the Tinder app.
- Select the “X icon” that you can see in the top corner of the icon.
- Delete immediately the pop-up shows up.
- Head to iTunes or the App Store and have a new copy of Tinder downloaded and installed.
That’s all about fixing Tinder crashing issues. For pictorial explanation of this tutorial, see wikihow and I’m sure this post help you solve your problem.
Please don’t forget to share wit your friends by hitting the Share buttons.