Writing an essay may seem an as easy task, but it’s pretty time-consuming. The student has to do some research, make an outline, think of some worthy arguments, and come up with the central thesis.
It would be great if you could link your thoughts to some vital literature or philosophy examples so that your thoughts would have more weight.
All that work consumes a lot of time and energy, so students should be ready to dedicate quite a significant period to such assignments.
There are some moments when there’s no time for such activity. University overload, side hustle, and household chores put a lot of pressure on students. So, they end up burning out and giving up their dreams.
That will only happen in some cases, but you can do some things to ease your loaded schedule. First, tidy up your room, and find some time for rest and a little walk. Think of outsourcing your task to some services like writance or doing your assignment when you have time, not when the deadline is coming too close.
To write an essay quickly, read these rules and tips and plan your writing process.
Features of writing an essay
Essay (from French – test, attempt, piece) – a genre of fiction, journalistic, popular science literature. It is characterized by a free, not necessarily exhaustive, but distinctly individualized interpretation of the topic.
Tips for writing an essay:
- Realize the purpose of writing, which is that you must convince the person who has to read this work that you understand the topic of the essay.
- Carefully read the essay topic, find keywords, and comprehend the problem.
- Write the thesis on the draft, preferably with some evidence that will help reveal the essay’s topic.
- Briefly and accurately write down arguments and examples.
Tips for building an essay:
- The essay should begin with an introduction, highlighting the general approach to the topic. The introduction should contain a problematic task and the answer to the question. This is the thesis of the essay.
- Throughout the essay, it is necessary to emphasize the connection of the facts presented with the thesis.
- The central part of the essay is built to convince the reader. To do this, the author of the article should use strong arguments. First, it is necessary to state the main ideas and facts that will confirm the examples of these ideas.
- The volume of the essay should be manageable (although there are no clear limits and restrictions on the importance of the article).
Rules that should be followed when writing an essay:
- The introductory part should be brief but expressive and contain a central metaphorical image.
- The introduction’s last sentence and the central part’s first sentence should be organically connected. The essence of the connection: explanation of the legitimacy of the metaphor.
- The volume of the central part is not regulated, but it must be remembered: with the increase in the essay’s importance, the genre’s lightness is lost.
- The central part is connected with the conclusion not only by thought but also by way of linguistic design (through the main image).
- The essay should contain a voiced ending. Whether the end is a statement of something, a question, or an incomplete reflection does not matter. A good option for completing the essay is using aphorisms and quotations.
The use of language and style in the essay:
- Comparisons play an essential role.
- Much attention is paid to the word’s inner content and outer shell. Playing with the word at the level of the original understanding of the topic.
- Author use capital letters when there is a need to emphasize certain accents and lowercase letters when, on the contrary, there is a need to stress the loss of greatness or personal value.
- Author’s use of punctuation marks and paragraphs.
- Contextual use of pictorial and expressive means. Do not be afraid of “combining the incompatible”; the unexpected can be just the most impressive in the context of reflection.
- The essay is a motivated and appropriate use of complex syntactic constructions and incomplete sentences, broken phrases, the use of the whole arsenal of insertion words, and separated sentence members of interjections.
- One of the main aspects is the sensual and emotional way of expressing thoughts.