Q: What is CCIE?
Answer: CCIE, the full name of Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, is an expert-level certification exam launched by Cisco in the United States in 1993. It is recognized by the world as the most authoritative certification in the IT industry, and it is a certification in the global Internetworking field.
The Cisco Certified Networking Expert Program (CCIEProgram) sets a professional standard for network technology and is widely recognized by the IT industry. Possessing CCIE certification is considered to be the best proof of professional network technical knowledge and rich work experience.
Q: What categories of exams does CCIE have, and which direction is better?
Answer: The CCIE exam has 6 certification directions.
- Routing Switching (RS): For professionals who install and support Cisco technology-based networks in environments that employ LAN and WLAN routers and switches.
- Wireless (WL): Mainly focused on dense wireless network access.
- Carrier (ISP): For professionals who use infrastructure or access solutions in a Cisco end-to-end environment, mainly in the telecommunications industry.
- Data Center (DC): It is suitable for network architecture settings where virtualization and cloud technologies require huge network traffic.
- Cyber Security (SEC): For cyber professionals responsible for designing and implementing Cisco’s secure network.
- Voice Collaboration (VOICE): For networkers who install and maintain voice solutions on IP networks.
Among them, routing switching is the foundation, and it is necessary to achieve mastery. Network security is a hot direction in recent years.
Q: How long and how much does the CCIE exam cost?
Answer: It is recommended to study for CCIE exam from 9 months to 1 year. Due to the difference in learning ability, the time spent by each person is naturally different. The cost of applying for an online training class is about 12000 yuan. Of course, the cost of face-to-face classes is higher. According to the difference between institutions, the price is also different.
The exam is divided into two parts: written exam and LAB exam.
Notes on exam cost:
Exam cost: 450 US Dollars (certificate validity: 18 months)
Exam time: 2.5 hours
Exam Score: fill of 1000 points, 804 points to pass the exam
Exam question types: single-choice, multiple-choice, and drag-and-drop questions. 100 questions in total.
Exam language: English/Japanese
Exam location: in various provincial capital cities or first-tier cities in China
LAB (Lab) exam
Exam time: 8 hours, with a total score of 100.
The test content is divided into three areas
(1) The total score for TS (Troubleshooting) troubleshooting is 24 points, with a score greater than or equal to 20 points, pass
(2) The total score of DIAG (Diagnose) fault diagnosis is 6 points, greater than or equal to 4 points, pass
(3) The total score of CFG (Configuration) configuration is 70 points, and the score is greater than or equal to 56 points, pass.
The examination cost: 1,600 US dollars, of which the Beijing examination room is about 10,800 yuan.
Q: What is the validity period of CCIE and how to retake it?
Answer: According to the information on the official website of CCIE in the China Authorization Center: CCIE certification is valid for 2+1 years, and must be re-certified in the third year thereafter. To recertify, pass one of the following exams before your certification expires:
Pass any one of the currently offered 642-XXX Professional (Senior Engineer) level exams;
Pass any CCIE written exam currently offered;
Pass the currently offered CCDE written exam or the currently offered CCDE practical exam;
Extend the validity of lower-level certifications through Cisco Certified Architect (CCAR) interviews and CCAR committee audits.
Q: How to apply for CCIE exam, when can you apply every year? What is the application process like?
- The written exam can be taken every week except holidays. The Cisco exam belongs to the VUE agent, and there are two people for each exam. The same is true for the lab. There are two fixed exam rooms in China, Beijing and Hong Kong. One exam room can take 4-6 exams a day, because Cisco has IE exams in different directions.
In short, there is no limit to the exam date, and there are very strict regulations on the number of people to take the exam.
To apply for the exam, you can go to the corresponding test center or network to register, or you can go to the relevant institution to help you register.
- Book an exam on a dedicated website.
(1) Register in advance (account at 24:00), fill in the real information, and save the account.
(2) For appointment test, documents: ID, credit card, passport, social security card with photo, work permit with photo, student ID card with photo, etc. The documents should be confirmed with the examination room staffs; the validity period of written exam results: Cisco can make an appointment within 18 months LAB exam.
Q: What can you do after taking the CCIE exam? What are the job prospects?
Answer: Network engineer, automatic control engineer, data communication designer, network operation and maintenance engineer, after-sales engineer, network technical engineer.
In fact, to put it bluntly, it is a network engineer. Those with more than 10000 Yuan experience are network engineers. In fact, everything related to the network can be done. Generally speaking, there will be relevant positions in the network operation and maintenance of manufacturers, operators, integrators, industry information companies and major companies.
The employment prospects of Cisco network engineers are still very good at present. You can search for them. Generally, network engineers are required to have Cisco certification, and the salary is also very good. If they are NP holders, the monthly salary is generally 5,000 to 6,000 yuan. CCIE, that’s even higher. Of course, you still have to have real skills. It is not advisable to study just for the sake of getting a certificate. Only with real ability can you continue to get promoted and increase your salary and marry a girl who is rich and beautiful!